EAST SIDE ACCESS QUEENS TUNNELS
The Queens Tunnels are designed to bring Long Island Railroad (LIRR) trains into a new station located below Grand Central Terminal. (East Side of Manhattan on 42nd Street) This project included:
- (4) 19.5-ft. diameter tunnels
- Combined length of 10,500 LF
- (2) Soft Ground Slurry Shields were used to construct the tunnels
- Tunnels were lined with Precast Concrete Segments
- (3) Shafts-Include cross passages for emergency access and ventilation
Click here for more information on New York's East Side Access Project.